Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lip Crimes

I was robbed.....no, really, not for dramatic effect or anything.  I really was robbed.  And it turned out to be a lip travesty too.  On November 9th, some one broke into our back door (I don't imagine it was very difficult).  They took $8000 worth of technology and my purse.  Oh, there was a list of much more but a few of the most emotional hits were actually to my lip stash.  Like most beauty bloggers (and this sort of on-again-off-again blogger), makeup is life.  We live for the latest colors and we hoard our favorites....for years....no, you can't convince me that the shelf date means anything.

So here's what they took from my lip stash.

My Aerin Rose Lip Balm Lip Conditioner - At first, this purchase had all the makings of a splurge.  I adore Aerin Lauder's effortless style.  This soft balm with it's summery rose scent became a mainstay of my purse.  It had mended many dry lip episodes on my entire family.  A dab would do you, put on the finger and smeared over the lips.  The rose scent was not off-putting to my menfolk or at least not that they ever complained.  The strange thing is that this was one of the few items that was returned to me.  It had sat out in a watery grave, part of a few things tossed away in a back pack and found later by police.  I looked at that battered tube for months, thinking that it should be replaced.  It had lost it's luster, the tube a sad statement for how I felt about the robbery.  Eventually I tossed it out.  Sadly, I have not found the gumption to put it back into my purse repertoire.  I am instead carrying around a far less expensive ChapStick Total Hydration.  While it is quality and luscious in it's own drugstore medium, Aerin Lauder had won my heart with her Rose Balm. I was lucky that the robbers didn't violate me of my passion with her Perfect Nude lipstick which you will see on my lips almost every day.  I usually carry it with me but did not have it in my purse at it's on heavy rotation in my morning beauty routine.

Chanel (you can gasp out loud here- I still rant about it) - Rouge Hydrabase (no longer in production) Creme Lipstick - Leopard - a summery to fall orange - At first try, this lipstick had stunned me with it's vibrant color.  I wasn't sure that I liked the orange base but it quickly became my go-to "au naturel" which sounds strange since it was pigmented.  However, with an end of summer flush and transferring into the warm tones of autumn, it was the perfect transition color and I had yet to take it out of my make-up bag.  The robbers didn't bother to toss it away and I'm sure they now have great (if somewhat dated) lips.  I've been tossing around which Chanel color to replace it with and have yet to make a decision.  My husband who has to still listen to me occasionally moan, "Chanel....WHY?"  has urged me to replace it.  Just to have a Chanel item in memoriam in my purse (and perhaps a bit of a "F you raspberry" to the robbers, I tossed in my Bois de Iles Rouge Coco. Because of it's darker pigment, it doesn't have the same shimmery versatility on my lips as the Leopard did.  Anyone have suggestions for what this fair skinned, brunette might want in her new Chanel Lipstick.  Let's show those robbers a thing or two and get kissably sexy. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment